With the Ultimate Blog Challenge coming to an end in the next 24 hours, here’s a quick 3-point summary of my blog challenge experience.
3 Benefits of Participating in the Challenge
- I managed to generate daily content (even if it some of it was scheduled posts) and let my creativity flow; and it got me into the habit of writing daily (which is something I’ve never really done on my blog)
- Group motivation ! Since so many people were participating in the challenge, there was loads of encouragement from others to keep posting and thus ensured that I stayed on scheduled. Being a part of a community.
- Increase in Blog Traffic along with Comments ! I found that I had comments & Retweets from other participants in the challenge which made me go do the same for them.
3 Things To Remember for Future Challenges
- Create a rough draft / titles of potential topics you want to blog about and expand on it
- Follow the rules of the challenge and pimp your blog by way of all the social media tools available to you.
- Take a break for a day or two if you aren’t used to writing daily content. Use that time to look over other blogs and inspiration will hit you when you least expect it.
3 New Tweeps To Follow
- MichelleShaeffr – one of the founders of the UBC who provides a wealth of information via her tweets and her various blogs
- Cateyesmd – super friendly and one of the first commenters on my UBC posts
- SocialBizniz – doesn’t matter if you are a social media buff or a newbie, this is one person you want to follow to get your dose of social media updates
3 New Blogs I Discovered & Enjoyed
- Everything Stress Blog by Charlie Damonsing
- Day In The Life of A Busy Gal by Sharon Howard
- Pink Diary by Jenn
I’ve really enjoyed participating in the Blog Challenge and pretty chuffed that I discovered it; initially I wasn’t sure if I could put together all 31 posts but looks like I’m almost there !!
If you have participated in the UBC 2012 or in any other blog challenge; do share your thoughts and experiences with me in the comments. I’d love to read up on your posts. If you’ve never been a part of a challenge – do you think you might try one this year ?