Boo … It’s Friday the 13th !

By | 00:00 1 comment

friday-the-13th And if that’s got you worried or scared – have no fear because today is the only lone “Friday the 13th” we are going to see in 2010 !  According to London's Daily Mirror, more than 60 million people worldwide claim to be affected by a fear of Friday the 13th and some will refuse to drive or go to work.

Friday the 13th happens at least once a year, at most three times.  There's only one this year and only one next year (May 13, 2011), but watch out: three in 2012 (January, April, July).

Last year – I wrote a post ‘Freaky Friday the 13th and here’s a bit of trivia for you …. Fear of Friday the 13th - is called paraskavedekatriaphobia as well as friggatriskaidekaphobia !!! Damn those are long words to pronounce ! You’d think it was something naughty but really it’s not !

Oh and apparently if you have 13 letters in your name, you're said to have the devil's luck.  The Huffington Post uses Charles Manson as an example .. hmmm !

Today was like every other day for me … well almost … last year was uneventful … today was going absolutely fine until I found myself a mere 30 feet away from the entry gates of my building … scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapeee !!!

Yup … my car got scratched =(  And I thought it was gonna be a good day … damn it why did the Friday 13th hoopla have to show up as scratch marks on the side of my car ???

So how was YOUR Friday the 13th ??  Are you superstitious ? Or is it just another day for you ? 

Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend ahead of you !!! and don’t worry – we’re going to be Friday the 13th Free for the rest of this year !!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting trivia!! :)
i actually counted the number of letters in my name!! lol :P
my fri the 13th was quite good actually! fabulous meetings & grt family time =)
im so sorry about ur car tho :(

-Prutha