Taxi Trauma

By | 22:35 5 comments

I’ve been trying to get around to writing about this but just haven’t had the time since my last post …. I had some wonderful ideas that I wanted to blog – however just haven’t found a few minutes where I can just ‘start’

Work has been hectic in terms of the number of enquiries I am sending out to my hotel counterparts – and for every enquiry I’m more or less dealing with the same hotels – just different people at the same hotel … and believe me when I say that I have practically pulled my hair out at the ridiculous levels of incompetency within the hospitality sector !

My car has been at the service centre for a WEEK !! Before you start thinking of the worst accident ever – it’s nothing like that – my car, Storm had a minor accident 2 weeks ago – and I have been left dealing with some serious dimwits at the insurance company and at the service centre. 

mumbai-taxiI’ve had to take cabs all week – and we’re not talking about the smart, clean cabs that one might find in Europe, UK or the States … I’m referring to the ‘old school black & yellow padminis’ that make up the majority of cabs in India …. and guess what …

On Friday one of these crazy cabs decided to start moving whilst I was still getting out of the cab .. and it ended up going over the back of my left foot … natural instinct meant I yanked my foot away … bad idea … I’ve had a sharp pain in my inner ankle and have had it bandaged up since Sunday …. went to the diagnostic centre next to my office today ‘cos the pain actually got a bit worse … the Xray guy thought I had a hairline fracture !!! And told me to go visit an orthopaedic doctor at one of the main hospitals …

Luckily for me – it’s NOT a hairline fracture per say – it’s more of soft tissue damage and borderline fracture .. I have to take medication for this (you guys must think I’m a druggie constantly popping any form of over-the-counter drugs!) along with keeping my foot wrapped up ..

So now that I FINALLY have my car back … I can’t even drive ! Just bloody great !

5 comments:

Arslan said...

I had a close escape like that once. The driver stopped again, just in time, and the wheel was left touching my shoe, but thankfully had not gone over it.

Get well soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your ankle gets better Double D. I thought about writing the transport system in Lagos (Nigeria) too but haven't gotten round to it either. I got a referral from your site by the way (from Comments) thanks. Your review is on my front page now :) Tk care!

N.C said...

As much as i feel bad for you & your foot...you never cease to amuse me with your very crazy incidents...how do you really manage to attract so much drama "called for" & "uncalled for" into your life???...& my one-liner for you still holds "only stuff like that happens to you!"haha...& since we didnt meet over the weekend...im so glad you are so dedicated to updating your blogs -- come hail,storm,rains,pains sometimes no gains, sadly no snow either..so it dont matter what the state of the weather , world or you---keep the words flowing...so that i (we-on behalf of all your blog enthuiasts)have an insight on your life without you actually being in our sight!haha...feel better soon...see you even sooner...
p.s.-as promised shall dedicate a whole day to re-read your blogs & comment ..since they have been a total laugh adding an extra zing to the day...much love NC..xxx

ani_aset said...

get well soon. What did you say to the taxi guy though :P

Poseidon Monacular said...

Druggie!

Really though, in all seriousness, isn't that grounds for some sort of legal action? Running over somebody's foot just isn't very cool.