Simple Spoiling

By | 19:15 1 comment
What a lazy day it's been for me ... and I love it ! I needed this kind of Saturday as it's been a while and had worked all of last weekend.

I went to the salon today and got myself a manicure and a pedicure ...along with a massage ... what bliss !!!

My nails have been cut short - and my manicurist referred to them as 'bald hands' !!! And really - it feels like that ! It even feels funny to type =) I was going to put up a picture of my newly cut nails but my fingers look 'fat' in the picture so I will refrain from doing that right now LOL

I'm back home and bumming in my pj's (don't worry I had a shower already) - and the doorbell just went off ... hold on a second will ya .....

Oh wow !! what a surprise ! My uncle - or my 'chacha' (dad's brother in hindi) just sent across an offering from the temple which we would normally call 'prasad' (pronounced 'prah-saad') .. and it's one of my favourites :)

This particular prashaad is 'peda' or 'pera' which is a sweet from the Indian subcontinent, usually prepared in thick, semi-soft pieces. The main ingredients are khoa (have no idea what that is in English), sugar and traditional flavorings, including cardomon seeds, pistachio nuts and saffron. The color varies from a creamy white to a caramel colour. As you can see, the one I'm about to tuck into is yellow colour.

Now that's what I call simple spoiling ... a good pampering at the salon; followed by a nice dessert =)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely way to spend a Saturday! And what a nice surprise to get a tasty gift from your chacha! They look delicious!

Thank you for sharing your relaxing day with us ... and btw, thank you, also, for following Reduce Footprints. I'm following you, as well, and I've added you to my blog roll!

Hope your Sunday is as spectacular as your Saturday!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com